Asparagus is a very healthy food that is only fresh for a few weeks a year. It is necessary to take advantage of this period and prepare asparagus.
- 20 asparagus stalks
- fat or oil
- soya oil
- chili peppers
- Wash the asparagus and cut off the woody stems
- Then place them in a greased pan
- Then drizzle them with soy oil and sprinkle with garlic and chili pieces
- Cover the asparagus and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes
- Stir them occasionally during cooking and when the asparagus starts to run out of oil, baste them again with soy oil.
- The asparagus is done when it is completely soft, which is easy to test with a fork.
What is asparagus?
Asparagus is a perennial herb in the lily family. The slender spears with pointed, scaly ends that are eaten are actually the young shoots of the plant. If left to grow, they become huge feathery ferns that die back in autumn.