Poppy seeds are a very healthy food full of fibre, phosphorus, iron or zinc, but the vast majority of recipes are only sweet. We bring you a recipe for a salty poppy seed dish.
- 1 large onion or 2 garlic cloves
- 6 large potatoes
- red pepper
- 1 cup poppy seeds
- 2 peppers
- 1 chilli pepper
- Cut the onion/garlic into small pieces and fry them in oil.
- Wash the potatoes, peel them, cut them into several millimetre slices, add them to the onions and cook under the lid, stirring occasionally. When the pan or pot runs out of oil, add a little water to the dish.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, add the spices.
- When the potatoes are completely soft, add the chopped red pepper and chilli
- When the potatoes are completely soft, add a cup of poppy seeds to the dish.
- After 5-10 minutes of adding the poppy seeds, the dish is ready.
- Serve on its own or with pickles.