To make homemade coconut milk, all you need is a bottle, a pot, a cloth strainer, and a blender. Besides, homemade coconut milk is ready in no time. It takes about 30 minutes from preparation to the finished product (not counting the waiting time!).
- 200 g coconut flakes
- 1 liter of warm water
- Sweetener (agave syrup)
- Cover the coconut flakes with warm water and leave to stand for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, blend with a blender or smoothie maker
- Strain the milk using a cloth towel and pour it into a glass container.
- You can easily store the homemade coconut milk in the refrigerator for 2-3 days
Tips for coconut milk
- Always shake the milk before drinking
- You can use dates or raisins as a natural sweetener
- Dry leftover coconut flakes and add them to pancakes or porridge
- Once the coconut milk has cooled, coconut fat is poured over the surface of the drink, which can easily be removed and used in homemade cosmetics